ABOUT THIS BLOG

30 April 2019

FIVE YEARS



Five years. Five years since I began chasing camels. Chasing them here on a blog, mind you. It was 23 April 2014 when I began writing.

The real camel adventures began much longer ago and continue sporadically. After all, it's not every day you can find camels to ride, pet, admire, or kiss.



... And Camelogue is still available at https://www.blurb.ca/b/8605379-camelogue.




My odometer registers eight countries that offered me camel experiences. Some more than once. They ranged from the sublime to the ridiculous.


"Sublime" Pushkar, India, 2009
"Ridiculous" dripping wet Bellingham, Washington, USA 2016


I was still wet behind the ears when I first went to Egypt. Were seductive Saqqara and Giza planting a subconscious seed? Did they poke some epigenetic trigger?




Of course, I will run out of camels and travel locales, sooner or later. Not to mention the nickels once saved for my old age. Who needs prism spectacles or hearing aids or new teeth, she says, when the world offers so many fascinating cultures to explore. When we find, see, and feel ancient footsteps. When we still have magical, natural places to feel oneness with the planet. Where the sky blissfully expands into the universe.




© 2019 Brenda Dougall Merriman

No comments: